On June 28th each year, National Insurance Awareness Day encourages us to review our insurance policies.
Insurance offers security for your business, your family and yourself, and recovering losses in the event of damage, illness, or death. It offers protection, but over time the value of our businesses and homes and the items in them may appreciate or change. What was once worth $100,000.00 a decade ago may be worth much more today. Be sure your policies keep up with the values.
No matter where we work or live, replacing everything we own would be difficult if disaster struck. From a start-up business to a 30-year mortgage, our possessions, property, loved ones and even those who visit deserve the protection the comes with property and liability insurance.
The observance offers an opportunity to learn more about the types of policies available, too. Here are some things to consider:
- Get a free quote – this is a great way for you to consider a new policy or to comparison shop.
- Evaluate your property and possessions; both professionally and personally.
- How has your business or family changed? Has your staff grown, has your family grown or have family members moved away?
- Are you considering purchase of commercial building or do you plan to buy a new home?
- Are there big changes ahead that will influence the amount of insurance you will need?
While insurance doesn’t cover everything, it does ease the cost burden should a disaster strike. For your business, do you have cyber insurance or employment practices liability coverage? Other personal policies to review include your automobile and life insurance policies.
Lastly, if you own a business – do you offer group benefits to your employees? Review of your benefit offerings should be evaluated routinely as well.
For help — contact a trusted advisor at Unity Insurance at 410-539-6642 or visit our website at www.unityinsurance.co for more information.